Seems obvious, but the clear issue with under performing digital campaigns is analogue thinking. Social networks suit a continuum of stuff rather than a big burst of noise. Again you would have thought obvious, but the nature of a consumers interaction with chums online puts a premium on regular, relevant content, that does not bore.
Highlighted by Alan Mitchell of www.ctrl-shift.co.uk. The harsh realties of Social Media in a nutshell. Full presentation by Bart De Waele below.
- Nobody reads your blog
- Your Twitterstream is boring
- Your Facebook fan page is empty
- Your new social network site isn’t used
- Your great idea doesn’t go viral
- Your users do not generate content
- Your employees do not help